Oct 17, 2012

Two sides of the same coin... HEADS


Hello Panther Fans!

It is just Helen writing to you right now because Demi is embarrassed about how poor she did these past few games compared to me.

So lets get to it: I had 2 consecutive game winning goals.

The first came at a 1-0 win over Valpo. Where I scored in the first 5 minutes to give us the win. The magic started when Kelly Lewers drove endline and played and an average ball back to me and I just flew past Valpo and hit a brilliant strike lower left corner. Exactly how I planned it happening 5 seconds before it did. It should also be noted that this is where I scored my first career goal... just thought you should know. The rest of the team played pretty good and we won 1-0.

Then for what is now being called the "Goal of the Century"... I scored the game-ending-double-overtime-bone-crushing-God-on-Earth-corn-muffin-good goal.

Now for the background on this incredible goal: Kelsey Holbert scored our first goal to put us up 1-0 early in the game, but Loyola scored in the second half to tie the game. So we went into overtime with the entire team looking to me for guidance and excellence and oh Boy did I deliver. With literally 24 seconds left I scored the much talked about goal and, from what I remember, it was an upper 90 bomb from half field (the readers should note that there has been some discrepancies in this recollection of my "puppy on Christmas morning" goal, but what I just told you is 100% true). All of my fans rushed the field and put me on their shoulders and I am pretty sure I heard them chanting “Long live Queen Helen.” They carried me all the way to Qdoba and everyone bought me a celebratory burrito. It should be noted that Demi refused to kiss my goal scoring foot after the game, so we are in a little bit of a fight hence the separate blog posts. I can basically guarantee another spectacular performance at our next game which is this Friday at Green Bay! But for those of you who can’t wait till then I will be signing framed headshots in the union tomorrow from 11-2 for anyone who wants to stop by!

Thanks so much for all the support I know I truly deserve it! Also Happy Birthday Mom, my birthday present to you was my 2 goals, your welcome! Love you! :)

Go Panthers!

Helen